30 January 2010

Rymills. 2004 MC2


General: Wow! I'm a fan of this style of wine and was suitably impressed at this wonder.
Varieties: 45% Cabernet Sauvignon, 45% Merlot, 10% Cabernet Franc
Region: Limestone Coast, SA
Subregion: Coonawarra
Alcohol: 13%
Bouquet: A non-aggressive blackcurrant nose with hints of spice
Flavour. Complex. Berry fruit and nettles/brush are complimented by gentle tannins and some vanilla. Smooth with a long, satisfying finish. Lovely.
Points: 88
Notes: The best red blend since I returned. Now madly trying to find where I can buy more.

2 comments:

  1. This one seems very nice. Also he vintage shows that it must be nicely balanced. How much did u get it for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remarkably, I have found a few bottles of 2004 left at $15 (225 Kc). It is fantastic value. Interestingly, in the latest wine magazine the 2005 is listed as a "best buy". You should have the magazine soon. I already have my copy.

    ReplyDelete