General: I've enjoyed "branded" cleanskins from wine shops with particular success with Vintage Cellars. I was interested to see how The Wine Point faired.
Variety: Nebbiolo
Region: Technically, the region is called Cowra. Sometimes known, as this label shows, as Central Ranges, NSW
Alcohol: 14.5%
Bouquet: Wonderful. I got sour cherry conserve, some smoke and possibly a touch of blackcurrant. The bouquet is very rich.
Flavour: When first opened, the flavour was very fruity and gave a good, dry, tannic finish. The longer it was open the greater the feeling of tannins. In spite of the high alcohol, it did not dominate. Although light bodied, it packs a punch.
Points: 84
Comments: This obviously has potential to develop. Think of those wonderful Georgian wines and how they developed. I am guessing that this will do the same. Now I will get more to see how they develop. Not typical for the local market here. I can understand why they have trouble moving it. Cost was $ 12.00 (198 Kc).
wow, this must have been really young for nebbiolo.it typically has quite big tannins and gotta mature for at least 4 years:)
ReplyDeleteYeah I know that. However, I have also tried a great Nebbiolo from Trentham and it was also very good. It didn't remove the enamel from my teeth but it packed a punch.
ReplyDelete