16 May 2010

The Wine Point. 2006 Tempranillo


General: My as yet unsuccessful attempt to find a wine-buddy means that I am trying stuff at home. I don't mind working my way through The Wine Point's stuff as it is reasonably priced and I've enjoyed the range so far . . .
Variety: Tempranillo
Region/GI: McLaren Vale, SA
Alcohol: 13.5%
Bouquet: Excellent. Very ripe raspberry and a touch of wood. (I didn't get the blackcurrant and blueberry advertised on the label...)
Flavour: Medium in length with good tannins. The flavour did not reach the expectation set by the bouquet. Overall - good.
Points: 82
Notes: I was slightly disappointed by the flavour. This winter, I plan to work my way through the Tempranillo which is increasingly available here. This cost $14 (252 KC). I will have to try a blind tasting of local versus Spanish to make it interesting. Now to continue my search for a wine-buddy....

No comments:

Post a Comment