General: I tasted another of the "Sero" range last year and was impressed. I found this at a local bottle shop. Very nice choice.
Varieties: Syrah, Tempranillo (it appears that from 2006 the maker reverts to the more common "Shiraz" usage)
Region/G.I.: North East Victoria, King Valley, VIC
Alcohol: 14.5%
Bouquet: Moderate, not over-powering earthy and animal tones. I really enjoy these smells but I know I am in the minority. There are hints of raspberry there as well.
Flavour: Medium bodied with a nice dry finish. This wine opened up considerably after an hour. There is an initial rush of fruit, raspberry being predominant followed by the dry finish. Once properly opened, the wine flavour is much more even with meaty flavours and cedary tones complementing well. Still, I thought it not so complex.
Points: 83
Notes: This is very enjoyable and I will be buying a few more as I like this style of wine. At $14 (252 Kc) - undiscounted, it is very good. De Bortoli seems to be a group which can do no wrong.
No comments:
Post a Comment