General: One from the wine club. I have not tasted much from this region and this was a perfect introduction. This is produced by Philip Shaw and is a single vineyard wine.
Variety: Merlot
Region/G.I.: Central Ranges/Orange (NSW)
Alcohol: 13.5%
Bouquet: Complex nose. I detected brambles, red currant and a whiff of vanilla. It seemed that every smell had these aromas in a different but pleasing mix
Flavour: Surprisingly lengthy with a lovely smooth finish. Well balanced with the initial fruit gently progressing to the nice dry finish
Points: 83 (but the more I think about it, the more tempted I am to raise it to 84)
Notes: I guess the usual retail price is $20 but in the mixed case I tried, the average priced ended up being $14 (circa 250 Kc).
seems good from the description, I had about +é samples today, getting to the point where I am enjoying the tastings only:(
ReplyDeletement 10 samples
ReplyDelete