General: Found this in the clearance bin at the big retail chain when I went to buy the Petaluma Chardonnay. It was a cool day for us, the start of autumn so I thought I'd give this a go.
Varieties: Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot
Region/G.I.: Limestone Coast (SA)
Alcohol: 14.5%
Bouquet: Robust and brambly. Some oak there as well. The fruit lurks beneath and I had difficulty to name it.
Flavour: When tasted a few minutes after opening, all I could taste was incredible tannins. However, given half an hour for me to get dinner underway, I could then appreciate a nice, medium length wine with silky tannins. Some plum and spice in the flavour profile as well. A bit of a surprise.
Points: 82
Notes: For $9.90 (178 Kc) this is very enjoyable - a real quaffer/ Tuesday night pizza wine as you sometimes read. I presume it is normally priced higher.
No comments:
Post a Comment