Location: East of the Tamar River, Northern Tasmania
General: I enjoyed a Pinot Gris at Christmas under their "Pipers Brook" label. What I found excellent was the minerality contained in the wine which is generally lacking in Australian whites
The Highlight:
There were many (but I lost my notes....) - both Chardonnays were very good, the Pinot Gris as great as I remembered. The surprise, not on the tasting list was:
Ninth Island 2010 Pinot Grigio (13.5%). Produced on the same estate as the Pinot Gris but in the Grigio style. The bouquet was zesty with some tropical notes as well. The flavour almost knocked me out. Grigio is often all lemon and acidity, yet this has body with that lovely minerality also making an appearance
The Others -
The only wine from the tasting I did not like was a 2010 Pinot (yes - they are releasing them). Awful young wine but I guess there is a market for it somewhere.... When I commented about it, I was given a taste of 2006 Pinot Noir that was beautiful as compensation :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment