Variety: Shiraz
Region/G.I.: Although claimed to be from the Hunter Valley, the winemaker's website states that Shiraz is selected from the McLaren Vale region
Vintage: 2009
Alcohol: 14.2%
Bouquet: Thick, plum conserve and white pepper
Flavour: Medium length with a lot of fruit up front with gentle dryness in the finish. Flavour is according to the nose. Nothing wrong with it but I'm underwhelmed. To be frank, it's a little boring. I suspect this is a Hunter Shiraz given the style.
Points: 82
Notes: From a Shiraz mix bought last year. $15.50 (~360 kc). Plenty of other good Shiraz at this price point
Region/G.I.: Although claimed to be from the Hunter Valley, the winemaker's website states that Shiraz is selected from the McLaren Vale region
Vintage: 2009
Alcohol: 14.2%
Bouquet: Thick, plum conserve and white pepper
Flavour: Medium length with a lot of fruit up front with gentle dryness in the finish. Flavour is according to the nose. Nothing wrong with it but I'm underwhelmed. To be frank, it's a little boring. I suspect this is a Hunter Shiraz given the style.
Points: 82
Notes: From a Shiraz mix bought last year. $15.50 (~360 kc). Plenty of other good Shiraz at this price point

the label looks horrible!
ReplyDelete