Variety: Tempranillo
Region/G.I.: Barossa, Barossa Valley, Marananga
Vintage: 2005
Alcohol: 14.9%
Bouquet: Cow shed. Wet earth, wet hay and wet wood.
Flavour: Chewey, savoury tobacco, coffee and cloves. Soft tannin still in existence.
Points: 87
Notes: Only a couple of us liked this. The others could not get beyond that beautiful nose. I think at the cellar door it was $25 (~450).
Region/G.I.: Barossa, Barossa Valley, Marananga
Vintage: 2005
Alcohol: 14.9%
Bouquet: Cow shed. Wet earth, wet hay and wet wood.
Flavour: Chewey, savoury tobacco, coffee and cloves. Soft tannin still in existence.
Points: 87
Notes: Only a couple of us liked this. The others could not get beyond that beautiful nose. I think at the cellar door it was $25 (~450).
interesting I do not remember such a strong nose, it was almost typical Spanish tempranillo when tasted there
ReplyDeleteIt's true that the nose was stronger than I remembered as well.
ReplyDelete