14 October 2012

Dalfarras 2007 Pinot Gris Viognier

General: I tasted this over 3 years ago and liked it so much I bought a couple of bottles. It was the minerality which was appealing last time, although I was distracted and tasted some of the reds in the range, naming this one though as special
Varieties: Pinot Gris, Viognier
Region/G.I.: Central Victoria, Goulburn Valley, Nagambie Lakes
Alcohol: 13.0%
Vintage: 2007
Bouquet: Pear, lime and some lemon. Hints of bottle-nose reflecting age
Flavour: Full bodied with acidity still in existence holding it all together. Pear and lime follow the nose. Nice touch of mineral extract. Seriously good stuff.
Points: 85
Notes: This is a $11.00 (~188 kc) bottle from the mass liqour shops here. I've had this a couple years. A wonderful wine. Will grab a few more. Interesting that it is from Central Victoria, an area I have not tasted much

No comments:

Post a Comment