Varieties: Corvina (70%) , Rondinella (20%) and Barbera (10%) - according to Amazon.co.uk
Region: Valpolicella Superiore
Vintage: 2006
Colour: Ruby red
Alcohol: 13.5%
Bouquet: Very nice, restrained cigar box and tobacco leaf aromas
Flavour: Another savoury wine with cranberry and dried beef flavours. Very pleasant acidity and some cedary flavours in the mix as well. Wonderfully smooth.
Points: 86 (3+7+12+7+7+50)
Region: Valpolicella Superiore
Vintage: 2006
Colour: Ruby red
Alcohol: 13.5%
Bouquet: Very nice, restrained cigar box and tobacco leaf aromas
Flavour: Another savoury wine with cranberry and dried beef flavours. Very pleasant acidity and some cedary flavours in the mix as well. Wonderfully smooth.
Points: 86 (3+7+12+7+7+50)
Notes: I bought this a couple of years ago for about $30 (~600 Kc).
I always thought Valpolicella Ripasso is made only from Corvina, Rondinella, Molinara, not Barbera. Hmm, I will double check . See our tastings of Ripasso from 2009 with Vierka and David http://mi-vino.blogspot.cz/search?q=ripasso
ReplyDeleteThat's what wikipedia stated as well but the only online reference which gave the split was one from Amazon UK.
ReplyDelete... and I don't remember giving that wine as part of leaving Czech Republic but I guess my mind was busy with other things at that time
ReplyDelete