Variety: Durif (aka Petit Sirah)
Region: Big Rivers, Riverina
Vintage: 2007
Closure: Screwcap
Alcohol: 14.0%
Colour: Inky purple
Bouquet: This is more like it. A strong nose of liquorice and sweet, vanillan, plum conserve
Region: Big Rivers, Riverina
Vintage: 2007
Closure: Screwcap
Alcohol: 14.0%
Colour: Inky purple
Bouquet: This is more like it. A strong nose of liquorice and sweet, vanillan, plum conserve
Flavour: Wonderful tannin that covers the entire mouth. More to cherry in fruit flavour and some woody oak as well. A little short.
Points: 85 (3+8+11+6+7+50)
Notes: This was more like it. This is one of the wines I tasted when I first returned in 2009 tasted here. Very nice development with my only criticism being that it is too short.
Notes: This was more like it. This is one of the wines I tasted when I first returned in 2009 tasted here. Very nice development with my only criticism being that it is too short.
No comments:
Post a Comment