25 August 2010

Bleasdale "Second Innings" 2008. Malbec


General: I am always interested to try Malbecs as I am a fan of tannins. In addition, I recently enjoyed a wine from Bleasdale
and the winery has received positive reviews from wineweek.com.au.
Variety: Malbec
Region/G.I.: Fleurieu, Langhorne Creek
Alcohol: 14.5%
Bouquet: Very good combination of dry, earthy spices with sour cherry in there as well. Notes of other fruits (juicy plums?) also lingered
Flavour: Great body and long, dry finish. The initial fruit is rich and true to the nose. It lingers and gently recedes to a smooth tannic finish
Points: 83
Notes: Very enjoyable. This is younger than some of the recent drops that I have had so its "youth" was evident. A lovely drink and I am now a fan of Australia's second oldest family winery. Suprising that alcohol is not evident, given it is 14.5%. At $14 (250 Kc), this is a slightly different alternative to the regular reds on the market. I'll buy a couple to cellar. I have one of their Shiraz' to try soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment