11 August 2010

Brokenwood. 2008 Cricket Pitch




General: Friends brought this around for lunch on Sunday and I was pleased as I'd wanted to buy it for a a while





Varieties: Cabernet Sauvignon 60%, Shiraz 25%, Merlot and Petit Verdot - equally in the remaining 15%

Regions/GI: Multiple

Alcohol: 14.0%

Bouquet: Rich - regular plums but also red berry notes. Concentrated.

Flavour: Wonderful. Great complexity. Initial fruit combination gives way to spicy, almost white peppery notes which stretch across the tongue, followed up by silky smooth tannins. Very good length and excellent balance.

Points: 85

Notes: This was a wonderful drop. The main vineyard is a couple hours north of Sydney and I really have to get up there to try their range. Online, this sells for $19.00 (342 Kc) which is excellent for the quality of this wine. I am keen to see how this ages and will keep a look-out for back vintages.

No comments:

Post a Comment