
General: The guy at the wine store recommended this and against my previous bad experience with cheap Portuguese wine here, I bought it
Varieties: Castelao (Periquita), Camarate, Tinta Miuda and Touriga Nacional
Region: I thought Lisbon, but online comment suggests otherwise
Alcohol: 12.5%
Bouquet: Fruity redcurrants
Flavour: Quite a shock. The dictionary entry for "astringent" should cross reference to this wine. It tasted very green to me. The bitterness of redcurrants was also present. After a couple of days, the flavour has mellowed but not by enough to make it enjoyable. It tastes like a home concotion
Points: x (not to be bought again)
Notes: I will have to search out some higher priced Portuguese imports (this bottle $10/180Kc) to show there is great wine out there. Strangely, when looking for a photo I found that this wine is enjoyed in the UK as a good quaffing wine. Picture used although 2008 tasted.
No comments:
Post a Comment