05 April 2011

Neil McGuigan. 2008 Signature Shiraz V

General: From a mixed case bought six months ago and a continuation of recent Shiraz tastings

Variety: Shiraz

Region/G.I.s: Barossa - Barossa Valley, Eden Valley

Alcohol: 15.0%

Bouquet: On the nose this is more to plummy fruit than spice

Flavour: Surprisingly good. This outshines recent tastings due to its lovely integration and harmony of flavour. Initial fruit eases into black pepper, a hint of oak and nice tannins. Very enjoyable

Points: 85

Notes: $15 (270 Kc) in the mixed case. Very nice. Must try getting more.

2 comments:

  1. have not u feel the ? 15 is a lot!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it's a lot which was part of the surprise because it was not apparent in the taste. I was surprised when I saw 15% later. Also, apparently here they are allowed to have alcohol within +/- 1% which seems lenient. Maybe my palette is too Australian now.....

    ReplyDelete