This week's Friday night tipple:
Variety: Cabernet Sauvignon
Region/G.I.: Barossa, Barossa Valley (Bethlehem Block vineyard in Gomersal)
Vintage: 2008
Alcohol: 14.0%
Bouquet: Dense blackcurrant conserve/paste/povidla(?). Possibly liquorice as well
Flavour: Medium to full bodied. A rush of fruit at the start followed by some wood and drying tannins. Straightforward and well balanced
Points: 85
Notes: Its cellar door price is about $18.00 but I bought this for less than $10.00 (180 Kc) in a 15 mixed bottle case. It seems the wine glut continues. A good drop. Will drink the second bottle sooner rather than later.
Variety: Cabernet Sauvignon
Region/G.I.: Barossa, Barossa Valley (Bethlehem Block vineyard in Gomersal)
Vintage: 2008
Alcohol: 14.0%
Bouquet: Dense blackcurrant conserve/paste/povidla(?). Possibly liquorice as well
Flavour: Medium to full bodied. A rush of fruit at the start followed by some wood and drying tannins. Straightforward and well balanced
Points: 85
Notes: Its cellar door price is about $18.00 but I bought this for less than $10.00 (180 Kc) in a 15 mixed bottle case. It seems the wine glut continues. A good drop. Will drink the second bottle sooner rather than later.

No comments:
Post a Comment