Variety: Sangiovese
Region: Chianti Colli Senesi
Colour: Copper red with almost orange meniscus
Alcohol: 13.5%
Bouquet: Soaked wood from a horse stall, raspberry
Flavour: A big dollop of mulberry and plummy fruit, some smoke and gripping tannins (in spite of the age). Nice acidity. Not overly complex but with a lot to taste. Not elegant but very enjoyable.
Points: 85 (4+7+11+6+7+50)
Notes: I bought this three years ago as it was mentioned in local wine magazines. Opened for an hour, I have given it the above rating. I suspect this will get better the longer it is opened. Enjoyable. I bought it discounted at $17.00 ~ 340 Kc. There's more Italian wine hitting the local market but I am unable to compare it as I have tried so little (yet)
Producers' site for this wine: http://www.castelloromitorio.com/en/
Region: Chianti Colli Senesi
Colour: Copper red with almost orange meniscus
Alcohol: 13.5%
Bouquet: Soaked wood from a horse stall, raspberry
Flavour: A big dollop of mulberry and plummy fruit, some smoke and gripping tannins (in spite of the age). Nice acidity. Not overly complex but with a lot to taste. Not elegant but very enjoyable.
Points: 85 (4+7+11+6+7+50)
Notes: I bought this three years ago as it was mentioned in local wine magazines. Opened for an hour, I have given it the above rating. I suspect this will get better the longer it is opened. Enjoyable. I bought it discounted at $17.00 ~ 340 Kc. There's more Italian wine hitting the local market but I am unable to compare it as I have tried so little (yet)
Producers' site for this wine: http://www.castelloromitorio.com/en/

No comments:
Post a Comment