Varieties: Cabernet Sauvignon 95%, Merlot 5%
Region/G.I.: Limestone Coast, Coonawarra
Vintage: 1991
Closure: cork
Colour: Garnet
Alcohol: 13.5%
Bouquet: Fruit in the nose although clearly aged; aromas of stewed plum
Flavour: Uneven in taste so that it starts with some fruit, drops away fairly quickly and is redeemed by a longer finish thanks to tannins still in existence. It's fine but not extraordinary.
Points: 84 (3+6+10+8+7)
Region/G.I.: Limestone Coast, Coonawarra
Vintage: 1991
Closure: cork
Colour: Garnet
Alcohol: 13.5%
Bouquet: Fruit in the nose although clearly aged; aromas of stewed plum
Flavour: Uneven in taste so that it starts with some fruit, drops away fairly quickly and is redeemed by a longer finish thanks to tannins still in existence. It's fine but not extraordinary.
Points: 84 (3+6+10+8+7)
Notes: This ranked last of our 6 bottles tasted. I had it at the lower end of my ratings. Standalone it's fine but when compared to some of the others tasted it is clearly not as good. Current vintage (2010) retails for about $28 (580 Kc)

No comments:
Post a Comment