Varieties: Cabernet Sauvignon 53%, Merlot 35% and Cabernet Franc 12%
Region/G.I.: South West Australia, Pemberton
Vintage: 2005
Closure: Screwcap
Colour: Garnet
Alcohol: 13.0%
Bouquet: Wet cow, red currant, blackcurrant and a hint of mint
Flavour: The fruit flavours of blackcurrants and red currants, are well integrated with hints of smokey wood and grainy tannins, providing a complex and well balanced wine.
Points: 88 (3+8+12+7+8+50)
Region/G.I.: South West Australia, Pemberton
Vintage: 2005
Closure: Screwcap
Colour: Garnet
Alcohol: 13.0%
Bouquet: Wet cow, red currant, blackcurrant and a hint of mint
Flavour: The fruit flavours of blackcurrants and red currants, are well integrated with hints of smokey wood and grainy tannins, providing a complex and well balanced wine.
Points: 88 (3+8+12+7+8+50)
Notes: For our tasting, this came 2nd overall and was well received, even if there was the hint of wet cow in the nose which some of the group typically run from. F. and I rated it 3rd as we preferred the Huntington wine more. This was an excellent find from my recent online purchase for $20.
No comments:
Post a Comment