15 May 2016

Torzi Matthews Vintners 2010 Vigna Cantina Negro Amaro

Variety: Negro Amaro
Region/G.I.: Barossa, Barossa Valley
Vintage: 2010
Closure: Screwcap
Colour: Orange infused purple, with a particularly orange/brickish hue
Alcohol: 13.5%
Bouquet: Dark chocolate, sour cherry, (aromas of the candy "Cherry Ripe")
Flavour: Medium bodied and very even as the not really tanning to offer a taste inflection at the end. Instead, this is an interesting flavoured wine, which combines fruit that is surpassed by the almost medicinal-herb digestive like Jagermesiter or Beckerovka. There is a sourness and tautness holding this together nicely
Points: 85 (3+7+11+7+7+50)
Notes: I tasted and bought this a few years ago when touring the Barossa. The flavour is unusual and I'm not a fan of digestives, which is the flavour profile of this wine. Still, it is an interesting wine and something different. Bought for $24.60~440 Kc. Probably won't be buying more in future.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment