17 June 2012

Mockingbird Hill 2010 Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon Malbec

General: I wanted something to go with a bloody steak for dinner and thought this would do
Varieties: Cabernet Sauvignon and Malbec (split unknown)
Region/G.I.: Mount Lofty Ranges, Clare Valley
Vintage: 2010
Alcohol: 13.5%
Bouquet: Fruit bomb - Satsuma plum, white plum with some savoury, green olive paste aromas
Flavour: Definitely young and the tannin is still aggressive with the wine having a very long and very dry finish. Fruit flavours are not as fruity as the nose suggests with thyme and rosemary characteristics competing with the fruity flavours of the nose
Points: 83
Notes: The wine club from where this came is regularly pushing young wines. I will keep the other one for at least a year (hopefully two or more) to see how this develops because it has a lot of potential. Price was $14.57 (~260 Kc)

No comments:

Post a Comment