Variety: Cabernet Sauvignon
Region/G.I.: Big Rivers, Riverina
Vintage: 2009
Alcohol: 14.5%
Bouquet: Blackcurrant, Mulberry and a hint of vanilla
Flavour: A gritty mouthful with typical drying tannins. Good length. The only thing ambiguous about this wine is the fruit flavour . . . probably more towards just ripe Satsuma plums, as there is a hint of tartness which is fine
Points: 84
Notes: This was brought over by visitors and I was concerned given that we tasted a dud from Westend during the visit and I've had a bad experience with Westend since. However, it seems there higher label "3 Bridges" hits the mark. A decent Cab Sav. Probably around $20 (~360Kc)
Region/G.I.: Big Rivers, Riverina
Vintage: 2009
Alcohol: 14.5%
Bouquet: Blackcurrant, Mulberry and a hint of vanilla
Flavour: A gritty mouthful with typical drying tannins. Good length. The only thing ambiguous about this wine is the fruit flavour . . . probably more towards just ripe Satsuma plums, as there is a hint of tartness which is fine
Points: 84
Notes: This was brought over by visitors and I was concerned given that we tasted a dud from Westend during the visit and I've had a bad experience with Westend since. However, it seems there higher label "3 Bridges" hits the mark. A decent Cab Sav. Probably around $20 (~360Kc)

No comments:
Post a Comment