Varieties: Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Cabernet Franc (% unknown and component grapes change from year to year)
Region/G.I.: Central Ranges, Orange
Vintage: 2009
Closure: Screwcap
Colour: Dark purple with a slightly lighter purple hue
Alcohol: 14.0%
Bouquet: Tobacco leaf, cardamom (bitterness)
Flavour: Full, spicy fruit of blackberry and blackcurrant and long, even tannins. Fantastic feel around the mouth. The spices are more to those in North African cooking (cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, pepper)
Points: 88.5 (4+7.5+12+7+8+50)
Notes: These Bloodwoods have been great and my friend who has tasted these with me has been asking for more. In retrospect these wines are probably 90 or 91 point wines. I still think that the straight Cab is the best of the 2009 pick but the three reds tasted have different, appealing characters
Region/G.I.: Central Ranges, Orange
Vintage: 2009
Closure: Screwcap
Colour: Dark purple with a slightly lighter purple hue
Alcohol: 14.0%
Bouquet: Tobacco leaf, cardamom (bitterness)
Flavour: Full, spicy fruit of blackberry and blackcurrant and long, even tannins. Fantastic feel around the mouth. The spices are more to those in North African cooking (cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, pepper)
Points: 88.5 (4+7.5+12+7+8+50)
Notes: These Bloodwoods have been great and my friend who has tasted these with me has been asking for more. In retrospect these wines are probably 90 or 91 point wines. I still think that the straight Cab is the best of the 2009 pick but the three reds tasted have different, appealing characters

at least it has good bottle maturity
ReplyDeleteat least it has good bottle maturity
ReplyDelete